Presently sponsored by: Make pwned passwords a thing of the past with safepass.me. Installs in 3 minutes, protects forever. Completely offline.
Well this is different; a weekly update bereft of neon studio lighting and instead done from the great outdoors, complete with all sorts of animal noises and a (probably) drunk green tree frog. I picked one of my favourite travelling companions to join me this week, a little guy I last did one of these with in a very different environment back in Oslo earlier this year. I’ve really been trying to focus my time on family so the Aussie travels dominate this week, but there’s a little tech sprinkled in as well. It’s all pre-recorded this week thanks to bandwidth that’s barely sufficient for a tweet (I had to travel to a nearby town just to get this uploaded!) Next week I expect to have better coverage so circumstances permitting, I’ll go back to the livestream format. For now though, I hope you enjoy this week’s rather different video:
- If you’re interested in where I am and what I’m seeing, I’m publishing pics each day (that’s a link through to my public Facebook profile which has a lot more personal content on it than Twitter does)
- Pluto TV had themselves a data breach they decided not to tell people about (if I can explain why that’s wrong to an 11-year old, they shouldn’t be getting it wrong in the first place!)
- Peatix also had a data breach which hit the news a couple of weeks ago before going into HIBP last week (Japanese origin service so a much smaller crossover of impacted accounts in HIBP)
- And so did FireEye (that one somewhat more serious given the nature of the organisation and the likely nation state origins of it)
- Sponsored by safepass.me: Make pwned passwords a thing of the past with safepass.me. Installs in 3 minutes, protects forever. Completely offline.